Biographies

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Trying New Things

It's important to try and keep things fresh in a relationship. This doesn't just apply to romantic relationships, you've got to spice things up with your kids too. I just had the boys with me 9 out of the last 11 days and I could feel things starting to get into a rut so we tried some new activities.

#1 - Reverse Planking


This was both fun and thrilling. Fun for obvious reasons, and thrilling because there was real danger of being crushed by the caffeine deprived bleary-eyed public, unprepared for errant toddlers in their paths. I jumped up a little too late to retrieve Finn from underfoot of a well-dressed woman whose peripheral vision was obscured by a massive cashmere scarf. She stumbled and I apologized, but she assured me saying "it's okay, I own corgis". I have no idea what that means.

#2 - Hide and Seek

Liam has become adept at counting all the way to thirty, which is plenty of time to hide oneself in a one bedroom apartment. After three rounds I thought all the hiding places had been exhausted until I found Liam's clothes laid out in a path leading to this: 


I'm not sure that he needed to take his underpants off to fit, but he's clearly the pro here so I kept my mouth shut.

#3 - Drinking from a glass

To be fair this was just for Finn. Liam is adept at this as you can see.


Finn however, struggled.




But eventually triumphed.


No comments:

Post a Comment