Biographies

Wednesday, October 16, 2013

In a Funk

I've been struggling with writing lately. I like writing this blog as a kind of 'scrapbook' for my kids, but I don't feel like I've had anything to write about that they might one day want to read. I told Amanda I've been wanting to share some funny anecdotes about my boys but I've got no material. "Well those are lovely. It's pretty much your 'thing'. Try branching out! It'll be fun!"  She's always so supportive.

Therapy
I guess I could stand to branch out a bit. Now that Liam is fully potty trained I've lost the main source of my usual material. So I've been reflecting on what life has been like lately in an effort to come up with a story worth sharing.

I went to my high school reunion last week. It was fine.

Let's see, what else?

Erin and I met with our mediator.

Shit. No. Okay, I've got this.

I haven't been feeling healthy so I decided to do a two week cleanse: no gluten, dairy, sugar, or meat!

Crap.

Okay, I'm going on sabbatical until Halloween. For now here's that clip of Louis C.K. from Conan. He talks about how it's good to be sad sometimes, which I completely agree with, I just don't want to blog about it. Generally I find people who give advice on how to parent, and how to live your life, completely and totally insufferable, but Louis CK is the exception. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment