Biographies

Thursday, May 30, 2013

The Littlest Newlyweds

Well, Evie got married on Tuesday.

I found out from my cousin, who sent me the news via text. Needless to say I was highly miffed, what with being the Mother of the Bride and having not been invited to the wedding and all. Maybe it's because my wedding reputation has been tarnished by all those times I've gotten drunk and cried in front of conservative strangers? Or perhaps I've stolen the microphone and given babbling incoherent speeches about love and loss one too many times? Or maybe it was the rare occasions when I insist on freaking the bride on the dance floor? Whatever, who doesn't do that?!

Anyway, I can't say that I'm surprised. Evie and Sasha have been in love and engaged since they were in preschool. I was impressed to see that the summer hadn't quelled their commitment to each other:

He's still chasing her...

She's still 'pretending' to run away...

When I was finally face-to-face with my little sweetheart, she presented to me her hand, which held the ring her beloved had given her:

He gave her a purple bracelet, too

She then informed me that just the day before her new husband had purchased the McDonald Mansion for them, and they would be moving in next Tuesday.

I had mixed feelings about this. Sure, I've always wanted to see the inside of the McDonald Mansion, but I also wasn't sure I was ready for my little girl to be off on her own quite yet. I was pleased that at the very least it's in the neighborhood, so it'll be easy to pick up the newlyweds for school in the mornings.

Taa Daaaaaaa! This kid's alright.

Turns out I didn't have anything to worry about. She assured us that her whole family is invited to live with them, and Sasha will do all the cooking when we come to visit, because she's "not a cooker" (that's my girl!). I assume by 'visit' she means from our own private wing of the mansion to theirs.

Overall, I'm happy for these crazy kids. I mean hey, they obviously have something figured out that I and the majority of the adults I know don't.

He doesn't mind her smothering love

She helps him keep himself together

They're cool with a little PDA

Mr. and Mrs. Sasha & Evie
Today is the last day of school. Who knows what will happen to their adoration over the coming summer months? I wonder if they got married for reasons not unlike young impressionable ladies in wartimes and their soldiers heading off to battle. Maybe Sasha is making sure he has a girl to return to in the fall.

Either way, good luck, kiddos. You're a very inspiring couple, and I think you're the greatest. See you at the Mansion!

(Sasha, I don't eat breakfast until around 10, and I prefer my eggs scrambled and accompanied by a glass of sparkling wine and half of a ruby red grapefruit, served in bed with the latest copy of The Sun magazine. Thank you. You'll make a fine son-in-law).


3 comments:

  1. "Maybe it's because my wedding reputation has been tarnished by all those times I've gotten drunk and cried in front of conservative strangers? Or perhaps I've stolen the microphone and given babbling incoherent speeches about love and loss one too many times? Or maybe it was the rare occasions when I insist on freaking the bride on the dance floor?"

    I am pretty sure you only did about half of those things at my wedding. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay who am I kidding? I ALWAYS freak the bride!

      Delete
    2. Not when you LEAVE the wedding at some ridiculous hour like six o'clock (I'm never inviting you again)

      Delete