Biographies

Friday, February 24, 2012

The Brother Series: Introduction

Lately I've been thinking about my brothers more than usual. I have four older brothers and two younger brothers; the oldest two were adopted, the middle two are twins, and the latter two were the result of my dad's remarriage. These two didn't grow up in the same house that I did. Maybe that's why I like them so much.

Dan, David, Jarrod, Jason...and Me. In Misery, All.
All of these guys are so incredibly unique - but none of us are so different in personality from each other than I am, from all of them. Maybe it's because I have different junk than they do. Maybe it's just because I was born weird and black-sheepish and we were destined to never understand each other. Despite our extreme differences and their bitterness and anger toward me for moving across the country and never coming back, I love them and owe them for turning me into...well, me.

Over the next several weeks, I'll be sharing stories about my brothers with you. It's A Series! Don't worry, I'll space it out so it doesn't get too boring. But yeah, maybe I'm using you, dear reader, to hash out and then fill in the sketches of these guys that I've never taken the time to flesh out. Plus, as this is part of the 40 Days of Writing challenge, I need some easy material to keep my writing brain firing.
Chris and Ben

Overall, the best part about being raised with boys is being able to say that I was raised with boys. People are impressed. I had no control over this but I absolutely take props for it. These are my first and forever homies, and if you fuck with me - you fuck with them.

Okay, actually, they won't do anything if you fuck with me. They're pretty indifferent. Ben might steal your wine or screw your girlfriend, but other than that, I'm kind of on my own.

Good thing they made me tough.

No comments:

Post a Comment